Tuesday, September 11, 2012

At a Lecture Listening to an Idiot (I think)



This man at the podium is an idiot. Don't tell me I’m the only one who's thinking this. We're sitting here in a lecture hall listening to him, this self-proclaimed expert we all came to see.  We're being good, waiting for him to say something so smart that we'll understand why we paid to come hear him in the first place. 

Looking around the room, I don't see anybody else annoyed by him. Really?  Am I the only one? But it's so clear he's a fraud; can't you see?  He's a showman, nothing more.  No real substance to the man, puffery.  Come on, let's get out of here and grab some lunch.

But it's too conspicuous to leave so I stay. And then I begin to wonder: Maybe I’m the idiot?  Nobody else appears to be struggling with his presentation. I nervously look around the room for a disgusted face, a nod of agreement in my bewildered direction, a fed up seat shifter- but nada.

Are they just being polite? Do they really take this guy seriously? Or are they just faking interest much like people do when sitting next to a "talker" on a plane?

There must be another eye roller in this crowd somewhere. This man at the podium is an idiot.  I think.

Please read by other blog:http://whatdogsreallythink.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment